CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Too-Busy Book: CHAPTERS 1 & 2

Skip the Acknowledgements if you like - but - don't skip the Intro...I like it!

Chapter 1: Amazed by Love

  • In what specific ways is my life busy right now? In what ways is my life fruitful?

  • Am I too busy? Why have I answered with yes, or why have I answered with no?

  • In what specific ways might I become less busy and more fruitful?

  • Where and when in the past might God have "interfered" in love? How did I respond?
Journal starters...

  • When I consider the ways I hold God's love at arm's length and try to earn it by performing, I feel...

  • The thought that God loves me enough to allow pain when He deems it necessary for my development makes me feel...

  • When I think about some of the steps I might take to become less busy and more fruitful, I feel...
Chapter 2: Daily Bread

  • Do my time choices feel like a curse or a blessing?

  • Do I have an hour or more each day to do whatever I want to, or is my life choked with obligations?

  • In what ways do I routinely violate my God-ordained physical and mental boundaries? Do I, for example, not get enough sleep, eat too much food, expose myself to too much stimulation, or refuse myself the necessary downtime?

  • What makes it hard for me to trust God to meet all my needs?
Journal starters...

  • When I think about God as Provider in my life, I feel...

  • When I compare the amount of my work time to my downtime, I feel...

  • When I think about working "rationally and reasonably," I feel...
*HOPING TO READ SOME THOUGHT-PROVOKING and/or ENLIGHTENING COMMENTS!

UPDATE! Two delightful ladies met with me at Panera and it was a blissful two hours of comfortable conversation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment