CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do You Just Wanna Know?

"Do you just wanna know?" is a question our now 4 year old started asking when he was 3. It was like asking for AMNESTY when he had done something naughty and knew he was caught.

(I just thought it was a cute title for this post.)

I figured it would be a good time to ramble off some thoughts about who we are and why we do the crazy things we do....

I am the second of five children and said at a young age that I would not have five kids - never say NEVER. I married a boy I started dating my senior year in high school. He was friends with my brothers through sports and I suspect my extended family loves him as much as (or more than!?) they love me.

We had two kids in New Hampshire - got transferred to Chicago and added three more bio kids. There were times when we thought we were "done." Actually, my husband believed that more honestly than I ever did. I was willing to be DONE having them via MY body!

We both believe God has planted a desire in our hearts for adoption. We are blessed with good jobs...a large enough home...great medical insurance...heck, we even have a 12 passenger van! Seriously, though....we love children and honestly believe we have enough room in our hearts and our home for more. We will let God decide how many - trusting He will not give us more than we can handle!
More specifically, our hearts are drawn to Ethiopia. We had the pleasure of spending time in Africa in 2007 and - if you have ever been there - you will know that you do not leave without being changed forever.

So there you have it! We are trusting God to show us His will in adding to our family through international adoption. I am hoping this blog will serve as a tool to document our journey of adoption and allow others to share in it with us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment