CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

WOW!

Our efforts to put flyers ALL around our neighborhood is paying off. I am still getting calls about dropping off stuff - AND- my living room is already PACKED! We will find a place for it all...even if we have to stack it several feet high! (Might have to invade the kids' bedrooms and take over the basement, soon!)
One wonderful woman in my neighborhood is letting me borrow CLOTHING RACKS her church stores in a shed. They loan these racks to other churches who are having rummage sales or to private citizens who are having big 'ole yard sales.
A few friends have offered to come to sort, price and work the yard sale with me. Others have offered to either bake stuff and drop it off - OR - come earlier in the week and bake at MY house. (Maybe it was the wine cooler bribe I sent out in an email.....???)
I am overwhelmed by the positive, supportive response. I know I am basically just taking the leftovers of what they wanted outta their house anyway - but - they have all been SO wonderfully pleasant! And, to think, I was afraid people would be offended by finding our flyer on their porches....
It's fun to see the reactions now that the front room is JAM PACKED. The hardest part will be to keep MY kids from burrowing in there like naked mole rats and rummaging through everything. I told the three youngest kids they have to PURCHASE whatever they want to keep. (Since they have no money - this should not be a problem! )
IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND YOU DONATED YOUR STUFF TO US: THANK YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment